Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Injuries, Eminger and Bouwmeester

First things first, the injury updates:

According to George Richards, Rostislav Olesz should be back at practice tomorrow and likely back in the lineup in two weeks. Afterwards, Olesz spoke with Steve Gorten of the Sun-Sentinel:

For the first day, it wasn't bad. You're just getting back. But sometimes I felt it. It's not ready yet. But it's good I can start practicing with the team because it will help my recovery. It's going right now the way we wanted. So hopefully nothing will change and I'll be back in less than two weeks.

As for David Booth, he is "probable".

Gorten has some quotes from Bouwmeester and Eminger, as well.

First up, Jay Bouwmeester:

I'm happy. We've had a good little run here. Things are looking up. Everyone's looking forward to making the playoffs. . . You just don't have to deal with it, I guess. It's good to put everything behind you and focus on playing hockey. It's kind of what I've been doing all along, but it's just one less pain in the butt. . . I had a feeling nothing was going to happen. . . If something happened, then you deal with it, but I wasn't sitting there just worrying about it. . . Everyone's excited. It's a position we haven't been in for a long time. . . It's a lot more fun to be in a position like this where there's a real light at the end of the tunnel.

Steve Eminger:
Things were going really good in Tampa personally. The team, yeah, we were pretty far back there, but I enjoyed my time there and I'm really excited to be here and in the playoff picture again. In Tampa that was the last thing on our minds. We were already gearing up for next year. . . [Being familiar with Deboer] helps. I kind of know a little of how he coaches from the past. But saying that, you're not going to take advantage of anything. You're going to play the way you can and play hard every game. . . I'm excited to be here as well. I was already traded from Philly to Tampa. As a player, you don't want to be considered a guy that's traded all over the place, but to come to a situation like this was a great situation for myself. I'm excited to get going.

There is more in Gorten's blog about Noah Welch courtesy of a reporter over in Tampa. Welch didn't want to be a distraction here, and so he apparently never questioned his lack of ice time. Hopefully, like Cory Murphy, Welch will get a real second chance over there and make the most of it.

No comments: