Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's in the bag? It's Panthers swag!

As I'd written before, I won a Panthers/Puck Daddy contest, and with it, four tickets to the ADT Club for last night's game. The food and drinks in said section were free (and good) and I got a gift bag, as well.

First off, the bag. It was a nice bag that I can probably use to carry my skates around if I ever get sick of just hanging them off my shoulder.. I only took a couple of pictures, so you can't really tell. But it's a nice bag.

In the bag were two navy blue Florida Panthers hats with the Cats' logo on the front. I lost my last Panthers hat the last time I moved, so this is good. And now I have a spare..

There were also two wallet schedules, so added to the many that I've already gotten at games and that came with my season tickets, plus the ones that have been sitting around in piles at other random places, I could start distributing the things and still have too many. But, they are definitely useful, and no, I never take the whole pile when I see them lying around.

I put my Growl magazine in the bag after the game, and just pulled it out. So we'll pretend that was in there, too.

What else..? You know those goofy thundersticks? They threw a pair of those in there so if I ever get the urge to bring two large, inflatable noisemakers, the option is there. You just never know.

Refrigerator magnet schedules. Big ones. This is good. I've wanted to get one, and now I have two, so I'll have to find a place to put the other one so that I can see it by the computer.

I laughed when I pulled out the Panthers' sweater beer koozies. They're pretty neat, so even if I never really put them to use, they'll look good on display somewhere.

There's a box.. maybe a shirt or something? It's pretty heavy.

This is sytrofoam, so I doubt it's a shirt. Nope, it's definitely not a shirt. It's a Stanley C. Panther bobblehead! It's cool, although it looks a little creepy. My cat attacked it the first time I tried to take a picture of this stuff.

I was surprised at how heavy it was, though. It isn't some cheap, crap quality plastic bobblehead. But don't get me wrong, it's nifty, just surprisingly heavy.

And I've saved the best for last. Not only is it a puck, but it's an autographed puck. And they've outdone themselves. It's signed by Rostislav Olesz! If you'll note the banner image I made at the top of the page, you'll see that Olesz is there twice. This is pretty awesome because Olesz is pretty awesome.

So, a couple of pictures..


4 comments:

Keith Wozniak said...

Got an offer for you.. could you send us two Florida Panthers magnet schedules and we'll send you two Amerks magnet schedules? One would be enough, two would be great! (i don't have easy access to RSF right now or I'd just message you there)

Devin said...

Yeah, definitely. I can do that. If you can't get to RSF, you can just send me an e-mail or something.

nine.cats@hotmail.com

Luis said...

Very cool swag, Devin! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Would you consider selling the bobblehead?