Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Markström Featured in Article on NHL.com

This morning, NHL.com ran a story on Panthers' prospect Jacob Markström. I'll only have an excerpt of it here, but you can read it in its entirety at NHL.com.
Conventional hockey wisdom has it that goaltending is the sport's great equalizer. There is also a time-honored belief that goaltenders mature later than position players, and teenage goaltenders in particular are hard to project several years down the line.

Florida Panthers prospect Jacob Markström has been proving the experts half wrong.

There have been many nights this season where the Brynäs IF Gävle goaltender has been the best player on his team. Brynäs is currently in fifth place in the 12-team Elitserien (Swedish Elite League), despite being the league's lowest-scoring team (70 goals in 31 games) and having an average defense.

Thanks largely to Markström's outstanding play, BIF is just four points behind the second-place Frölunda Indians. Markström ranks second in the league in save percentage (.927) and goals-against average (2.17), and is tied for the league lead with three shutouts.

Speaking of which, I just ordered a Markström sweater from Brynäs' webshop. I have no idea when it will be shipped, or how long it will take, though.

That's pretty much all I've got today. I've been a bit busy, so I haven't been able to look for anything, but nothing so major happened that I found it without looking. I guess that counts for something.

No comments: