Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Michal Repik Scores in Debut, Andy a Starter?



Congratulations to Michal Repik!

"Obviously, I will keep [the puck]. It's my first goal in the National Hockey League. It's my dream. I came to play in the NHL and I scored a goal."


The Panthers' offense battled back and responded to all three Senators goals and made up for their own mistakes -- all three goals against were the eventual result of turnovers -- to win in overtime, 4-3.

Anderson, though, has looked shaky the past two starts and I hope Vokoun can get back in for game one of the back-to-back starting on Thursday. To his credit, Anderson came up huge in overtime making an excellent stop in overtime, but it just wasn't his night. Big rebounds, struggling with positioning and sometimes not seeming to really know where the puck was at times.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say this is probably just because Andy's been overworked with the starter's type of workload lately. He's gone from limited appearances as a backup to playing just about every game, with no adjustment. Still, he's come up big when he absolutely needs to and the team plays well in front of him. The Cats have two very good goaltenders right now and that's not the worst of problems to have.

But, I'd like to see Tomas get a chance to reclaim his position Thursday night and start 2 of 3 on the trip to Western Canada.

No comments: