Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ellerby Gets Some Attention in the NHL All-Star Game

If you're like me, and you didn't know that Keaton Ellerby and Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price were cousins, you do now.

When the Panthers drafted Ellerby, he mentioned that Shane Doan was a cousin of his, but I figured that was it. Needless to say, I was a little surprised when Carey Price started answering questions about Keaton in the second period during CBC's broadcast of this evening's All-Star game.

So, I wrote the interview down just for you. It's nothing major, but what the heck. It's something to read, right?

CBC: With Carey Price. Carey, how did you find the All-Star experience? I don't think they were as strong defensively as your Canadiens normally are.
Price: No, that's for sure, but the guys did a good job. I get help from my folks and I came out alright.

CBC: Keaton Ellerby, did he make it here?
Price: Yes, he did.

CBC: Your cousin Keaton, there had been a lot of talk about Shane Doan, but Ellerby, I know you guys are very close. It was important for you that he was able to get here, wasn't it?
Price: Yeah, it was nice to see him. He got here this morning so I spent the afternoon with him.

CBC: What is the relationship between the two of you guys? Why are you guys so close?
Price: Well, we train together and we skate together all summer long, so we spend a lot of time together. We spend a good two- and-a-half months together.

CBC: He's a real fitness freak and I guess that helped you out, too.
Price: Yeah, for sure. We spend a lot of time in the gym.

So there you have it. Whatever "it" may be.

1 comment:

Whale4ever said...

Nice scoop, Devin. Knew all about the Doan connection but hadn't heard a peep about Price.

Sweet!