Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good News, Everyone!

Mike Brodeur has signed a standard AHL contract with the Rochester Americans, which means the dangers of losing him when his tryout expires after 25 games are no longer a concern.

Brodeur really seems grateful for the opportunity the Amerks gave him, and he likes the team quite a bit, so it's a great story for Rochester.

The team has grown in front of him, and they're starting to win games without relying on Brodeur to steal them.

With the all-star selection and now a contract, I'd say it was a good week for Rochester and Mike Brodeur.

The Panthers are going to be giving an NHL contract some serious consideration next season if he keeps up this level of play, and with the Cats' goaltender depth (or maybe lack thereof), he may just see more opportunity and that would be all the more incentive to sign with the team.

But for now, it's Rochester for Brodeur, and yes, they won again tonight.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hey Devin,

Just wanted to write and say that I really like your blog. I am up here in Rochester and this is the first year I've followed them with dedication (I'm originally from Pennsylvania). I am in the minority, but I am not a fan of the Sabres. I now have a reason to be interested in the Panthers the way I keep an eye on the Twins in baseball. Thanks for keeping an eye not just on the pro team but on the system.

-Bob